A Day Trip to Hellsgate National Park
Hell's Gate National Park lies south of Lake Naivasha in Kenya, north west of Nairobi. Hell's Gate National Park is named after a narrow break in the cliffs, once a tributary of a prehistoric lake that fed early humans in the Rift Valley.
Dry and dusty but infinitely peaceful, Hell's Gate is that rare thing: an adventurous Kenyan park with large animals that's safe to explore by bicycle or on foot. Large carnivores are very rare, so you can cycle to your heart's content past grazing zebras, giraffes, impalas and buffaloes, spot rock hyraxes as they clamber up inclines and chase dust clouds as they swirl in the wind.
You will have a stopover at the east escarpment - rift valley viewpoint. The 2-hour drive will take you through to the floor of the rift valley where Lake Naivasha is located.
Then we will head to Hell’s Gate National Park - the only park that one can walk, ride bicycles, rock climb and camp within the park.
• Game viewing
• Raptor nesting in cliffs
• Spectacular Gorge walk
• Hot springs
• The Olkaria Geothermal Station, OLKARIA HOT SPA
• The Mervyn Carnelley Raptor Hide
• Fischer’s Tower
• Tourist circuits, nature trails and picnic sites
• Rock Climbing
• Transport to and from Nairobi on a comfortable tour bus
• Drinking Water
• Park fees
• Vehicle entrance charges
• Swimming at Olkaria Hot spa
- Boat Ride (300) optional
- Cycling in the Park (600) optional
- Rock climbing Kshs 500 (Optional)
What to take with you
• Extra drinking water/Personal drinks/snacks/picnic/
• Hat & sunscreen
• Swimming costume